Mark Groulx's Resume
President & Founder
January 2007 to February 2017
Falcon manufactures equipment used by public street departments and private contractors to repair asphalt---patches, utility cuts and potholes. The company invented (and patented) technology that enables these repairs to be made with recycled material.
- Grew sales an average of 32% / year from 2007 to 2015; earnings growth averaged 46% / year.
- Six-time member of Inc. Magazine list of the 5,000 fastest growing companies.
- Sold business January 2015.
April 2001 to January 2007
Trendway markets a full line of office furniture to small and medium sized businesses through a national network of 500 dealers.
In an industry saturated with me-too products, Trendway separates itself from the pack through service.
- Shattered industry record with 113 consecutive days of 100% on-time shipments. Launched industries first
- On-Time-Or-Free delivery guarantee.
- The company is privately held with annual sales of $100 million.
President & Founder
June 1997 to March 2001
Led start-up of this venture capital funded manufacturing services company – from idea to profitable growth.
From five regional service centers in the Midwest, Southeast and Mexico, Prince provides metal stamping, metal finishing, assembly, and just-in-time sequenced delivery.
The company focuses on customers electing to outsource their manufacturing requirements (ex., GM, TMW, Square D, Frigidaire, Steelcase).
- Grew sales from $0 to $24 million in first 48 months --- half through acquisition and half through new business development.
June 1993 to June 1997
Herman Miller is a $5 billion manufacturer of office furniture. The company is widely heralded for product innovation and environmental stewardship.
- Led 3,500 employee, 13 plant operation with annual operating budget of $650 million.
- Operational turnaround reduced annual manufacturing costs $55 million. This cost reduction contributed significantly to rise in stock price from $4 / share in 1993 to $25 / share in 1997 (NASDAQ).
Director, Economic Evaluation
June 1977 to June 1993
Dow Corning is a $5 billion global market leader in specialty silicone materials.
- Sixteen-year career focused on new business development.
- Created global market for bottom-dispensing consumer packaging (ex., Heinz ketchup).
- Michigan State University B.S. Computer Science, 1977
- Saginaw Valley State, MBA Marketing, 1983
- Advisor to ERP 101, LLC, a developer of software for small business.
- Angel investor.
- Long distance runner – 23 marathons and counting.